Translate

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Art of Living (Part 1)

It started when a friend of mine told me about one of the meditation centers in Kathmandu. At the begining, I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying, until he said, "it was so hard that people leave". But he was explaining about all the good aspects that he learned in his first three days of meditation, such as the intensity of the focus level, concentration, noble silence, and the art of observation
     I started asking him questions like,where he used to live, what he used to eat, and was he allowed to go out of the center to buy stuff and so forth.Within few days I started researching about the center and found out that there's an office in the city where people register before they begin their course, which was on an outskirt of the kathmandu valley within 20 miles radius. 
     Fifteen days past, and I am walking on the street of Kathmandu, and all of sudden my eye catches a sign that says, "An art of living" Bipassana Meditation Center.I stopped and followed the sign, there I saw people waiting on a line to register for the course. Beyond the shadow of the doubt I knew, `this is it`. Soon I was waiting on a line to register as well,and after a long queue, I finally got to see a lady who was registering. She offered me list of dates the course was available and I requested her to put me on next available date. But she told me that the next available date was three days from now. I accepted and after filling out registration form I went to the neareast photo studio and took two passport size photograph which was also required by the center and soon headed to see of my friends who was waiting for me to arrive as we had plans to hike at Shivapuri hill (2224 M). 
     Next day, early in the morning I went to the photo studio and got my photograph and went to registration office. Luckily, there wasn't a line and I got my registration in no time. Once, I was done with my registration I came back to my house and started thinking about the quest for tranquility.

No comments:

Post a Comment