Translate

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A day Exploration with the World Explorer

“On November 29, 1998 I set out on an 11 year long journey to capture my dream, the dream of riding 221,000-kilometres around the world on my bicycle to spread the message of peace and hope for my country and for the world” Retrieved from Pushkarshah.com(Around the world in 11 years, 2010) .

Pushkar Shah, who has travelled all around the world in his bicycle in eleven years, is an outdoorsy, intelligent, foolhardy, and is a man with strong determination. Man who overcome, rain and shine, thrust and hunger, safety and shelter, and life threatening challenges on his restless perilous journey. Conversation with, Pushkar Shah a day ago, led me to believe that I was really going for a ride!! And not on any ordinary ride, this time I was the proud receiver of the honor of riding along side the legendary cyclist.
You can only imagine how happy I felt when he granted me the opportunity to ride along with him the next morning. It had been one of my many dreams until then impossible, to ride along side the outstanding biker. Hence I was both mentally and physically prepared for the challenge and for me it was to impress the great cyclist. During our conversation he had advised me to come to the Himalayan Java (Restaurant) at 7:40 am. Not wanting to give a bad impression I reached the spot at Thamel way too early, all prepaid with my bicycle. I asked myself, “am I really riding along with the world cyclist”. My doubts were over as I saw him approaching the restaurant down the street.  
We quickly headed off to out destination, Osho Tapovan (1984 M). The deep joy I felt simply riding alongside one of the world's most popular cyclist is beyond explanation. We stopped at a local bicycle shop, to check the condition of my bicycle and soon stared our journey once again. To me it looked like in no time as we arrived at the destination.
As soon as we got off the bike I got my camera ready to capture this blissful moment with the view of the jungle,sound of the waterfall, and songs of the birds welcoming us into their territory. The casual chat we had was nothing but ordinary to onlookers but to me they are precious as well as motivational. As we came back to Thamel we had our lunch and were planning on riding around the outskirts of the Kathmandu Valley the next day. Even though, we did not spend an entire day riding in fact it was only one part of the day, but still it is one of those days I’ll cherish for years to come, and look forward to the next expedition.

1 comment: